We understand and appreciate that you are concerned about privacy, particularly in relation to the use and disclosure of Personal Information. We are committed to providing a high level of privacy in relation to all Personal Information that is collected by us.
• franchisees or prospective franchisees;
• prospective or actual vendors, purchasers, landlords and tenants;
• prospective or actual suppliers;
• agents or independent contractors, any person who applies to become such an employee, agent or independent contractor; employees, except where the use or disclosure is directly related to the relationship between us as employer and you as the employee and relates to an “employee record” about you as a present or past employee.
What is your personal information?
What personal information do we collect and hold?
We may collect your name, mailing or street address, email address, telephone number, facsimile number, age or birth date, profession, occupation or job title and any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through use of our websites or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise and information you provide to us through our service centre, customer surveys or visits by our representatives from time to time.
We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect anonymous answers to surveys or aggregated information about how users use our website.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect in ways including:
• Through your access and use of our website
• By telephone, letter, fax or email
• During conversations between you and our representatives
• By contracting with us
• By entering competitions, promotions or requesting information or material from us
• Completing surveys or providing feedback
• We may also collect personal information from third parties including:
• From third party companies, such as credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and government entities
• Your representatives (lawyers, accountants and financial advisers)
• Your employer
• Publicly available sources of information or any other organisations where you have given your consent
• by communicating with us or by continuing to request our services, including but not limited to by attending one of our offices, attending an open for inspection, making enquiries via internet, email or phone;
• providing us with your contact details and consenting in writing for such details to be conveyed to a mortgage broker or financier;
• Providing us with your contact details for such details to be conveyed to third party organisations that VICPROP may engage to provide to our services;
• by visiting our website or participating in an online enquiry;
• by visiting any website or social media site established by us, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+, YouTube and Linked In (“Social Media Sites”); and
• by participating in any activity on a Social Media Site including but not limited to
entering competitions, subscribing to our blog, posting, pinning or uploading any material on any Social Media Site, following, liking and/or commenting on us or anything on any Social Media Site (“Social Media Activity”).
We may log IP addresses (that is, the electronic addresses of computers connected to the internet) to analyse trends, administer the website, track users’ movements and gather broad demographic information.
What happens if we can’t collect your personal information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
• We may not be able to provide the requested products or services to you, either to the same standard or at all;
• We may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may want; or
• We may be unable to tailor the content of our websites to your preferences and your experience of our websites may not be as enjoyable or useful.
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide best possible quality of customer service.
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
• To provide products and services to you and to send communications requested by you;
• To answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new products
• To provide you with access to protected
areas of our website;
• To assess the performance of the website
and to improve the operation of the website;
• To conduct business processing functions
including providing personal information to
our related bodies corporate, contractors,
service providers or other third parties;
• For the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning,
product or service development, quality
control, survey and research purposes of VICPROP Corporation Pty Ltd, its related bodies corporate, contractors, franchisees, franchisees’ real estate agents or service providers;
• To provide your updated personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
• to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
• To process and respond to any complaint made by you; and to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding
determination, decision or direction of a
regulator, or in co-operation with any
governmental authority of any country (or
political sub-division of a country).
• Your personal information will not be shared,
sold, rented or disclosed other than as
To whom may we disclose your information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
Our employees, related bodies corporate, contractors, franchisees, franchisees’ real estate agents or service providers for the purposes of operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide products and services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants; Suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes; and
Any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
We may combine or share any information that we collect from you with information collected by any of our related bodies corporate (within Australia).
Direct Marketing Materials
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. In addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see the details below) or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications and we will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us (see the details below). Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you). We may charge you a fee to cover our administrative and other reasonable costs in providing the information to you and, if so, the fees will be disclosed on our website. We will not charge for simply making the request and will not charge for making any corrections to your personal information.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment, then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
What is the process for complaining about a breach of privacy?
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it. We will deal with the complaint in accordance with our then current Complaints Handling Procedure.
Do we disclose your personal information to anyone outside of Australia?
We may disclose personal information to our related bodies corporate and third-party suppliers and service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
We may disclose your personal information to entities located outside of Australia, including the following:
• Our related bodies corporate, located in
foreign countries including the United States of America, New Zealand, Hong Kong, China, India, Indonesia, Singapore, Papua New Guinea;
• Our data hosting and other IT service providers, located in various countries; and
• Other third parties located in various foreign countries.
As our website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third-party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third-party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially. Our representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in timely and appropriate manner. Please contact our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org